It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Idaho
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Idaho about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Idaho serves thousands of women in 30 cities, 28 counties as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Idaho residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Idaho residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1999, Komen Idaho has invested more than $5.3 million into Idaho via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Idaho residents.
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Idaho
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Idaho
funding provided the following in the 2012-13 grant cycle:
- 19,506 Mammograms
- 9,785 Clinical Breast exams
- 261 Women received treatment assistance
- 2,846 Women received breast cancer diagnostic services
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.